EastLake Middle School (ELM) is located in the growing community of EastLake, which is in the eastern region of Chula Vista. We currently serve 1,700 students in grades 7 and 8. ELM has seven feeder elementary schools. Our population is ethnically diverse.
The EastLake Middle School community will prepare all students for academic and personal success through transitional standards-based learning experiences. All students will be provided equal access to an integrated, rigorous curriculum focused on achieving state standards, without losing sight of the special needs of the middle school student. Each person will be valued, respected, and encouraged to achieve to his/her fullest potential in a safe and secure environment. Students will be prepared for the diverse global society of this century by participating in challenging curricula, community service, and state-of-the-art technology. Our students will become critical thinkers, problem solvers, fluent communicators, as well as global and personal stewards for life-long learning.
Students in the Sweetwater Union High School District are expected to master state and district standards, which will prepare them to meet challenges of the 21st century.
The mission of EastLake Middle School, an exemplary and innovative learning community of resourceful, respectful, and responsible citizens, is to bridge all students to future educational opportunities through a system of learning distinguished by:
• A rigorous and comprehensive curriculum that prepares for higher learning.
• A culture of recognition of students’ unique gifts and individual accomplishments.
• A comprehensive system of student support and interventions.
• A positive environment that provides a variety of opportunities for growth.
• A strong network of parent and community involvement.
• An infusion of advanced technology.
• 100% of students will meet or exceed site and state performance standards for middle school.
• 100% of students will possess working plans for their future educations.