Attendance is Key Academic Success:
- This is a reminder that tardies and absences will affect your child’s academic and citizenship grades.
- While we do not give detentions for tardies that occur at the start of the day, we encourage you to do your best to get your child here on time. First bell rings at 8:10 and they must be inside the classrooms by 8:15.
- Absences must be cleared. If not cleared, you will continue to receive a call from the district until the absences have been excused.
- Students with unexcused absences will be considered verified truant and are subject to appear before the Student Attendance Review Board (SARB) if absences go beyond 10 days.
- If absences are COVID-related (C19+, Close Contact, COVID-like symptoms), please follow the latest SUHSD COVID Isolation/Quarantine Protocols and the Guidelines for AB 167 Synchronous Instruction.
- If your absence is COVID-related, please use the ELM COVID Absence Form. Click on this LINK to access the form.
- For all other absences, please have students bring a note to the attendance clerk upon return.
ELM Dress Code Agreement
- Please remind your child(ren) that they must follow the dress code agreement.
- Recently, students have shown up in pajamas and sliders. These are not allowed.
- If students wear them on campus, they will be taken to the office to change.
- Here is the link to ELM’s Dress Code Agreement.
Cell Phone Policy
- Our cell phone policy is in full effect the moment your children step on campus.
- Please review these expectations in the Students/Parent Handbook.
- Any violation of our cell phone policy will result in an automatic confiscation of cell phones.
Schedule Change Request Criteria:
Student class schedules are not changed except to correct placement, scheduling errors or change of elective. Final day for schedule changes will take place on the 10th day of school. The following are reasons a schedule may be changed:
*Enrolled in the wrong grade level i.e. an 8th grade student enrolled in a 7th grade class.
*Missing a class period or two classes are in the same period.
*Placement level change i.e. a student changes from Math 7 to Compacted Math 7.
*Individualized Education Plan (IEP) that necessitates a change.
*Elective changes- these changes are based on space availability and impact on the student’s schedule.
We are unable to accommodate requests for specific teachers or periods. All teachers are fully qualified to teach in their assigned subject area. If you have any concerns that arise during the school year, please contact your child’s teacher or contact the office to address any concerns.
Parents Please Check out the BusPass Letter for Additional Information
Please click on the links below to access details about this series
Please click on the link below for information regarding free and reduced lunch applications.
Triton Students are you in need of TECH support. If so click on the ELM Genius Bar Support Form, fill it out and an ELM Techy Teacher will reach out to you. Also check out the video below, to learn more about the Genius Bar