Attendance is Key Academic Success:
- This is a reminder that tardies and absences will affect your child’s academic and citizenship grades.
- While we do not give detentions for tardies that occur at the start of the day, we encourage you to do your best to get your child here on time. First bell rings at 8:10 and they must be inside the classrooms by 8:15.
- Absences must be cleared. If not cleared, you will continue to receive a call from the district until the absences have been excused.
- Students with unexcused absences will be considered verified truant and are subject to appear before the Student Attendance Review Board (SARB) if absences go beyond 10 days.
- If absences are COVID-related (C19+, Close Contact, COVID-like symptoms), please follow the latest SUHSD COVID Isolation/Quarantine Protocols and the Guidelines for AB 167 Synchronous Instruction.
- If your absence is COVID-related, please use the ELM COVID Absence Form. Click on this LINK to access the form.
- For all other absences, please have students bring a note to the attendance clerk upon return.
ELM Dress Code Agreement
- Please remind your child(ren) that they must follow the dress code agreement.
- Recently, students have shown up in pajamas and sliders. These are not allowed.
- If students wear them on campus, they will be taken to the office to change.
- Here is the link to ELM’s Dress Code Agreement.
Cell Phone Policy
- Our cell phone policy is in full effect the moment your children step on campus.
- Please review these expectations in the Students/Parent Handbook.
- Any violation of our cell phone policy will result in an automatic confiscation of cell phones.