Dear Incoming 7th Grade Student/ Parent,
We are looking forward to welcoming your student to Eastlake Middle School in the Fall semester. In the Sweetwater Union High School District, we offer an opportunity to enroll in an accelerated math class in 7th grade. This course is called Compacted Math 7 and the course accelerates/compacts 3 years of math (Integrated Math 7, Integrated Math 8, Integrated Math Course I) into two years.
Students enrolled in Compacted Math will complete the following math sequence in middle school:
- 7th grade – 2 years of math (Math 7 & Math 8) compacted in 1 year
- 8th grade – Integrated Math Course I (first year of high school math)
- Fast pace and rigorous coursework.
How do I know if my child is a good candidate for Compacted Math?
- Strong math and academic skills
- Student motivation to complete math at an accelerated pace
- Strong 5thgrade SBAC/CAASPP scores (Math Performance Bands that Meets standards or Exceeds Standards)
- Strong math grades on 6thgrade report card (Grades that meet or exceed Common Core Math Standards 3 or 4 grades
If you would like your child to be placed in the Compacted Math Course, please complete the following Google Form:
In addition, you may review the California State Standards for mathematics at the following link. https://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/documents/ccssmathstandardaug2013.pdf
If you have any questions regarding the compacted math placement or the transitions to middle school, please contact your middle school counselor. The counseling team contact information is as follows:
Serving Students A – DE:
Jennifer Academia, email@example.com
Serving Students DI – KEMP:
Dalila Espinosa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving Students KEN – NO:
Mixim Murchison, email@example.com
Serving Students NU – ROS:
Heather Rindone, firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving Students ROT – Z:
Dr. Luis Lopez, email@example.com
Please use the link below for iPad and technology help.
Click here to view as a PDF.
If you would like to apply for an intradistrict transfer to EastLake Middle, please contact your school of residence by e-mail to get your portal access and so you can apply for a transfer electronically.
You can also go to the Sweetwater Union High School District website for instructions on how to apply for an intradistrict transfer.
The window to apply for a transfer is from April 6, 2020 through May 8, 2020.
7th Grade Course Selection Information
* Your child will receive an Incoming Seventh Grade Orientation and Registration Information Packet when the counselors present at their elementary school.
8th Grade Course Selection Information
Located in the heart of an international border community, the Sweetwater Union High School District ensures a safe, inclusive, collaborative culture that empowers each student to actively engage in a meaningful educational experience to pursue personal and academic success.
- We believe each student can succeed.
- We believe in a welcoming community that is inclusive, equitable, and promotes positive academic, social, and emotional well-being.
- We believe relationships and collaboration matter.
- We believe resources shall be equitably distributed to ensure the success of each student.
- We believe in the value of community voice in decision-making.
- We believe in a culture of trust based on integrity and transparency.