Sign up for this year’s school spelling bee! You can sign up with your English teacher and receive a copy of the study lists. You can also find the study lists by clicking on the links below.
2019 Spelling Bee 7th grade Words
2019 Spelling Bee 8th grade Words
2019 Spelling Bee Complete Study List
The winner will represent EastLake Middle School at the district spelling bee. All participants may also be featured in this year’s school yearbook. The spelling bee will take place in early February. We hope to see you there!
The annual 8th Grade Trip to Disneyland is scheduled for Saturday November 3. For all students interested in attending, please print out and review the following documents.
Disneyland Information & Expectations 2018
Permission Slip Form Disney 2018
In order to reserve a space on the field trip, be sure to bring the following to the ASB Student Store during nutrition break or lunch, starting Friday, October 12:
- Signed Information & Expectations Form
- Signed SUHSD Permission Slip
- $105 ($25 for annual pass holders) payment in cash or check, made out to ELM ASB. (Parents may pay via Credit Card in person after school. Please note, Mr. Almero will do his best, but may not always be available immediately after school).
Please click on the link below to view a letter from the California Department of Education regarding some important resources about digital inclusion, the California Earned Income Tax Credit, and student mental health.
Back to School Letter – California Department of Education
7th Grade Students and Parents/Guardians,
Please join us at the 19th Annual Compact for Success Field Trip to San Diego State University on Saturday, October 27th. It will be a fun morning filled with exciting information for both parents and students that will help your child along the path to a university. There will be campus tours as well as a variety of informational workshops to attend. Bus transportation and lunch will be provided!
Please click on the links below to view the permission slips and return them no later than September 21st 2018. We look forward to seeing you all there.
2018 English Compact for Success 7th Grade Permission Slip
2018 Spanish Compact for Success 7th Grade Permission Slip
If you have any questions, please call Ms. Monica Echegaray at 619-591-4020.
WHAT IS COMPACT FOR SUCCESS?
The Compact for Success is an agreement between San Diego State University and the Sweetwater Union High School District (SUHSD) that supports the path to higher education for students enrolled in our district.
Students participating in the Compact for Success program actively work to meet college admissions requirements outlined by the program. Those who meet the Compact requirements are guaranteed admission to SDSU.
Workshop topics: Vary each year but these are some we’ve had in previous years
- Compact for success 101: Learn all about the requirements for guaranteed admission
- Money for college/ Saving for college
- Steps to college
- Career specific workshops
- Intro to:
- Info for college athletes
- Studying abroad
- College students sharing experience in classrooms
& LOTS MORE!
Your iPad has a filter on it that may make it impossible for you to use your internet browser when you are at home. In order to use the internet, you must complete the following actions:
1. Make sure you are connected to your wi-fi at home.
2. Click on the iBoss Web Filters (SUHSD Login) App. Look at the attachment to see what the button looks like. If you don’t have the app, you can also go to the following link: cluster121751-swg.ibosscloud.com/mobileLogin
3. Login using the following:
That’s it! You should now be able to access your web browser to connect to the internet.
Apps that have been provided by the district may be found in the app titled “Catalog” (we no longer use the App Store). You may download any of those apps onto your iPad, if they are not already there.
If you need help using any of the apps on your iPad, please visit the student led Triton Tech Team in room 506 during 7th grade lunch/8th grade TSP.
For those students who ride the bus, there has been some confusion about which bus you get on. The buses have two numbers on them; the bus number and the route number. You need to be looking for the ROUTE NUMBER which is located on a black sign next to the bus door. Here is a picture to help you. If you are unsure please ask the bus driver or Mr. Macias.
Please click on the link below to view the handbook.
Parent and Student Handbook 2018-2019
Located in the heart of an international border community, the Sweetwater Union High School District ensures a safe, inclusive, collaborative culture that empowers each student to actively engage in a meaningful educational experience to pursue personal and academic success.
- We believe each student can succeed.
- We believe in a welcoming community that is inclusive, equitable, and promotes positive academic, social, and emotional well-being.
- We believe relationships and collaboration matter.
- We believe resources shall be equitably distributed to ensure the success of each student.
- We believe in the value of community voice in decision-making.
- We believe in a culture of trust based on integrity and transparency.