You are invited to participate in an interactive forum to address the pain and hope related to youth suicide in our community. Please click on the link below to view a flyer with more information.
Are you interested in joining the ASB?
The Associated Student Body is a student organization that is a vital component of every school. The program needs motivated students who want to make EastLake Middle School a positive and fun environment. In order to be considered for a position, you must meet these three requirements:
- 3.0 GPA in scholarship, with no D’s/F’s, and a 3.0 GPA in citizenship with a clean behavioral record
- Be available to work before school, during lunch, after school, and occasionally on weekends
- Have lots of school spirit, be willing to work hard, show honesty and maturity, and maintain a positive attitude
In addition, you must complete the application below, obtain parent/guardian consent, have three letters of recommendation, answer the writing prompt provided in the application packet, and possibly attend an interview given by the ASB advisor and ASB students. If applying for an elected position, you will also be asked to prepare and deliver a speech (more details will follow acceptance into the program).
Be sure to complete/submit the following by Monday, March 11, 2019 to the ASB Office or the ASB Mailbox in the Main Office. Documents can also be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Eastlake Middle School ASB, Attn: Derrick Almero, 900 Duncan Ranch Road, Chula Vista, CA 91914.
- Turn in Application for ASB Position with Parent Signature for Consent
- Submit a hand written, in pen, or typed answer to the prompt provided in the application packet
- Copy and give Letter of Recommendation for ASB Position to at least three adults (Recommending adults will need to submit letters by Friday, March 15)
In order to be considered for the ASB position, all items above must be submitted and/or completed by the deadline listed above. Please understand that space in ASB is limited and applying for a position does not guarantee you the position.
Please join us on February 23rd at Olympian High School to celebrate the rich heritage and success of the Black Community. We will provide lunch, amazing guest speakers and opportunities to interact with local black scholars, artists and business professionals. Check with your BSU advisors or ASB advisor for more information about transportation. Click on the link below for more information.
Are you a current 7th or 8th grader? Metro Middle School Athletics is offering a cheer clinic to all interested students. This is a great opportunity to get ready for high school or middle school cheer try-outs. Learn some basic motions and skills, a cheer, jumps, and a short game day dance routine. Click on the link below for more information.
Please click on the links below to view a presentation and informational video from the Eastlake Middle School counselors.
Please click on the link below to view the schedule for Triton Time for semester 2. Triton Time will begin on January 22.
Please click on the link below to view a letter from the California Department of Education regarding some important resources about digital inclusion, the California Earned Income Tax Credit, and student mental health.
Your iPad has a filter on it that may make it impossible for you to use your internet browser when you are at home. In order to use the internet, you must complete the following actions:
1. Make sure you are connected to your wi-fi at home.
2. Click on the iBoss Web Filters (SUHSD Login) App. Look at the attachment to see what the button looks like. If you don’t have the app, you can also go to the following link: cluster121751-swg.ibosscloud.com/mobileLogin
3. Login using the following:
That’s it! You should now be able to access your web browser to connect to the internet.
Apps that have been provided by the district may be found in the app titled “Catalog” (we no longer use the App Store). You may download any of those apps onto your iPad, if they are not already there.
If you need help using any of the apps on your iPad, please visit the student led Triton Tech Team in room 506 during 7th grade lunch/8th grade TSP.
For those students who ride the bus, there has been some confusion about which bus you get on. The buses have two numbers on them; the bus number and the route number. You need to be looking for the ROUTE NUMBER which is located on a black sign next to the bus door. Here is a picture to help you. If you are unsure please ask the bus driver or Mr. Macias.
Please click on the link below to view the handbook.